Monday, May 14, 2007


The Baby "Bugs in My Garden" Shawl

From the EzasPi knitters group. Picture was taken after Clue 2.

I am using some Bernat Lollipop Ombre called Baby's Delight (white with pink and blue)...baby weight acrylic from my stash. I don't think they make it anymore but it is about 200 yards in a 1 3/4oz ball. I used a 3.5mm needle, ball band suggest a 3.25mm. I did the last one (Christening Chrysallis with same weight same needle and I loved how it felt after the first washing).

The clues I picked...
Plain rows till 72 stitches on needle.
Clue 1 - 12 row selection A1 Framed Flower
Clue 2 - Selection B Dragon Fly Aworking on Clue 3 selection C

My YO's are looking a little wonky on the dragonflies, could be the way I stretched it. It's acrylic and will be just washed up like a regular blanket so I'm not too worried.

On this type of project for me (using up stash yarn for a baby blanket) I like to remember the famous words of my Dear Jane quilting group..."Finished is better than Perfect"... (the reproduction quilt had 200+ blocks, 4.5" finished, all different).

No comments: