Saturday, May 5, 2007

I'm bad, bought more yarn....

Two finished objects these past few weeks and another almost completed. It would have brought the stash down big time...but I went and added a few balls of stuff that I just couldn't go without. Isn't that always the way? But at least it didn't make my numbers go up.


So I finished


#18 The Blue Baby Blanket knit in the round. I had to rip back the edging and make it narrower because I ran out a few repeats from the end. So instead of a 15 stitch point I wound up with about a 10 stitch point.







#19 Knitpicks Dancing cotton sock yarn basic socks.




Some more preemie baby stuff.




And I bought ..... 5 skeins of Bernat Satin Sport in Wine. This stuff was so incredibly soft and the wine colour is perfect for MIL' s Christmas shawl. Cat from LetsKnitTogether vidcasts had one done in a variegated silk yarn with an edging (pattern was from Traditional Shawls). I searched for some fingering weight variegated yarn but nothing spoke to me. And then at Len's Mills I spotted this wine colour and knew it was for her. It will be warm, soft and easy to keep clean (as in washable). I was considering wool, wool-silk combos but changed my mind after seeing the pile of hand knit socks that she had felted up with washing and drying in the machine. I know she still wears them and loves them but I am not going to put this much effort into a project and have it destroyed. Socks okay but not a shawl.




And this came from Ram wools. And that is another story in itself.




Soft Cotton with lycra for some summer socks



And scrapped a bunch of yarn...

No comments: